Courtesy Pay Overdraft
TMH Federal Credit Union is pleased to announce Courtesy Pay Overdraft Service, a new service designed for the convenience, flexibility, and safety of our members. This just-in-case service is designed with your protection in mind. Life doesn't always go according to plan and sometimes overdrafts do occur, read on to see how Courtesy Pay Overdraft Service can protect you.
What You Need to Know about Courtesy Pay Overdrafts
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but the Credit Union pays it anyway. TMH Federal Credit Union can cover your overdrafts in two different ways:
1. We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
2. We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a saving account, money market account, or a line of credit, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transfers made using your draft (checking) account number
- Automatic bill payments
Your authorization is required to receive Courtesy Pay Overdraft service coverage on everyday ATM withdrawals and debit card purchases.
If you choose to Opt-In to our Courtesy Pay Overdraft Service, we will make every effort to cover your transactions when you are running short on funds, but of course, there will be a fee associated with this service.
What fees will I be charged if TMH Federal Credit Union pays my overdraft?
- We will charge you a fee of up to $31.50 each time we pay an overdraft.
- There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
What are the benefits of Opt-In?
- Convenience: May allow your debit card purchases to be approved when you have insufficient funds in your checking account
- Flexibility: Allows you to make a purchase even if you cannot make a deposit or transfer money until a later day.
- Safety: Covers the unexpected expenses. Courtesy Pay allows you to use your debit card in case of an emergency, even if you don't have enough funds in your account.
How do I Opt-In to Courtesy Pay?
There are many quick and easy ways to Opt-In:
1. Click here, Print the Opt-In Form, complete and mail it to:
TMH Federal Credit Union
Attn: Financial Services
345 S. Magnolia Drive
Tallahassee, FL 32301
Or you can fax this form to:
Or you can email this form to:
2. Stop by either TMHFCU branch:
Complete the Opt-In form with one of the Financial Services Specialists.
Please note: Only members with a TMHFCU draft account and debit card are eligible to Opt-In. Courtesy Pay Overdraft Service is available on your checking account after 30 days of membership. Once you have used Courtesy Pay you understand that you are responsible to bring your account to a positive balance at least once every 30 days. The Courtesy Pay limit for checking accounts is $200.00. No fees unless the service is used.For your convenience this service also provides protection for your ACH and drafts.