Full Time with Benefits
Must be able to work Saturday rotation (8:45a- to close, typically about 1:15p).
Must be able to travel between local branch offices as needed.
Assists members promptly and professionally with excellent customer service and builds strong member relationships by providing quality service and effectively recommending products and services to meet the members' financial needs. The individual in this role will be responsible for
- Performing a broad variety of member services in person and on the phone, at a high level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Processing member transactions to include deposits, withdrawals, check cashing, loan payments and cash advances, selling money orders and cashier's checks.
- Posting and balancing daily transactions and verifying cash totals.
- Ordering debit cards.
- Assisting members with account inquiries.
- Performing other duties as assigned and following policy and procedures to ensure compliance with current regulations and credit union standards.
EDUCATION: HS Diploma or general education degree (GED).
EXPERIENCE: Minimum six (6) months cash handling and customer service.
SKILLS/ABILITIES: Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and willingness to assist others; excellent math skills and accuracy in handling cash. Ability to understand and apply detailed procedures and information about all products and services. Ability to operate related computer applications and office equipment including calculator, copier, scanner, telephone and fax.
Drug Free Workplace / EOE / M/F/V/D